Stranger Things Ice Cream Van to Visit Dublin
If you were one of the 40.7 million people who Netflix claim streamed the latest series of their smash hit sci-fi Stranger Things, you will no doubt know that ice-cream is very important to the plot.
Set in Hawkins, Indiana in the 80’s, this season found fan favourite Steve, along with new character Robin, working at an ice-cream parlour in the town’s new mall. One which *spoilers* may also be a secret base for some shady figures.
To coincide with the launch of Stranger Things 3, Netflix has recreated the iconic ice cream parlour -titled Scoops Ahoy – as a 1985-themed ice cream van that will be touring across the UK and Ireland for 15 days.
The ice cream van is complete with eerie Stranger Things melodic chimes inspired by the soundtrack. It is also decorated differently on its two sides. One is in a typical 1980’s ice-cream parlour style with pastel pinks, blues and whites. The other is a dark side straight out of the famous Stranger Things ‘upside-down’ world.
The van will be serving retro ice cream flavours. These include Coke Float, Cherries Jubilee, Banana Boat and July 4th. It will visit Dundrum Town Centre in Dublin on Wednesday, July 17 from 4.30pm – 7pm.
For the full list of dates and locations, see below.
- Wednesday 3rd July – Hawkins Terrace, Penicuik
- Thursday 4th July – Glasgow City Centre, Donald Dewar Statue and Dumfries City Centre, Queensberry Square
- Friday 5th July – Hawkins Drive, Leeds
- Saturday 6th July – Hawkins Place, Bilston, and Hawkins Crescent, Newport
- Sunday 7th July – Barry Island Pleasure Park
- Monday 8th July – Hawkins Close, Plymouth and Hawkins Road, Exeter
- Wednesday 10th July – Hawkins Close, Bognor Regis, New Road, Brighton and Hawkins Way, Hailsham
- Thursday 11th July – Truman Brewery London
- Friday 12th July – London
- Saturday 13th July – Dreamland, Margate
- Sunday 14th July – Hawkins Road, Cambridge
- Monday 15th July – Hawkins Close, Manchester and Hawkins Street, Liverpool
- Wednesday 17th July – Dundrum Town Centre, Dublin