New Campaign to Highlight Golf Holidays in Ireland
The hugely successful 148th Open has come to a close. Yet, Tourism Ireland has launched a new golf campaign in Britain – to harness the excitement of the weekend and continue to leverage the tourism benefit of the tournament.
The campaign includes a new partnership with The Daily Telegraph which will run until the end of August. The paper has a combined print and online reach of around 22 million and the partnership sees Tourism Ireland working with golfing greats Padraig Harrington and Leona Maguire. It includes:
- an eight-page supplement in the print edition of The Daily Telegraph, which kicked off the partnership this weekend (on July 20), featuring Padraig’s and Leona’s top tips for golf in Ireland, as well as articles about holidays here and helpful ‘off the course’ tips;
- a dedicated ‘Indulge in Ireland’ section on The Daily Telegraph website, showcasing lots of great reasons to visit;
- an interactive digital map within the ‘Indulge in Ireland’ section of the site, highlighting some of Padraig’s and Leona’s favourite golf courses; and
- Tourism Ireland’s ‘Fill Your Heart With Ireland’ ads in both the print and online versions of the newspaper.
A separate campaign is also under way in Scotland – in conjunction with two popular newspapers, The Herald and The Scotsman, which have a combined print and online reach of over 4.4 million. This campaign will run until early August and includes:
- three full-page articles all about Ireland and our world-class golf in the weekend magazines of The Herald and The Scotsman. The same articles will also appear on the websites of both newspapers, as well as on the sites of other titles such as The Sunday Post and The Press and Journal;
- a competition to win a short break for two in Belfast, which is being promoted in the print editions of The Herald and The Scotsman, as well as online;
Tourism Ireland’s campaign is designed to continue to capitalise on The Open and to remind people across Britain of our fantastic golf courses and the fact Ireland is a superb holiday destination.
“Following the historic return of The Open to Royal Portrush after 68 years, Tourism Ireland will continue to every opportunity to leverage this prestigious event”, said Julie Wakley, Tourism Ireland’s Head of Great Britain, in a statement.
“Our partnerships with The Daily Telegraph, The Herald and The Scotsman are further excellent opportunities to spread the word about our world-class golf, as well as some of the many other things to do and see on a holiday in Ireland, to millions of people across Britain.”